Data protection regulation (03.2020)
1. CARAUKTION attaches great importance to the protection of the personal rights of users when using the auction platform. The following explanations describe the handling of personal data and measures to achieve data protection compliance.
2. Personal data within the scope of these regulations are all details about the circumstances of a specific person. Processing means any handling of such data, including in particular the disclosure or deletion, use, collection, storage, transmission or administration of personal data.
3. Data is collected solely in connection with the use of the CARAUKTION auction platform using the electronic tools provided for this purpose and always in compliance with the applicable Swiss data protection law.
4. CARAUKTION collects personal data to enable users to access the auction platform as well as where it is absolutely necessary in the course of business. This includes, for example, all information required to meet the users' contractual obligations (exchange of coordinates for the purpose of fulfilling the contract) or information on all current and past orders and contract conclusions of the users. This information includes, among other things, details of current or completed orders, the time of the respective offer and bid submission, information on the course of individual auctions, the payment amount and time of payment and any other data relating to the purchase or sale transaction. Furthermore, personal data may be used by CARAUKTION for customer care purposes, to evaluate individual usage behaviour or to check access authorisation or contractual use of the auction platform.
5. CARAUKTION takes all technical and organisational security measures required by law and appropriate to protect users' personal data from loss, theft and misuse. CARAUKTION only works with third parties who can guarantee an equivalent or higher level of data protection under the law. CARAUKTION, however, excludes any liability for any responsibility of third parties based on data protection regulations.
6. CARAUKTION will not disclose personal data to third parties unless a law in the formal sense provides for this or if this is necessary due to overriding public interests. Excluded from this is the transfer to third parties:
- for the legal protection of users;
- at the request of the authorities;
- to defend and protect the rights of CARAUKTION;
- to solve any technical product problems.
7. Users have the right to request information from CARAUKTION at any time and free of charge about their stored personal data.
8. These data protection regulations form an integral part of the General Terms and Conditions (GTC) of CARAUKTION.